Automatic backlinks (with manual insert option)

4 Likes

It works perfect!!!

Thanks a lot...

First of all I have to say that I love this plugin and I can't do without it anymore. I would like to make a suggestion though. Would it be possible to integrate dating information in the backlink? For example instead of just returning the title of the post, it could also return the date of creation or modification...

[2021-08-30] Title of the note

This could be very useful when the links multiply in time.

In the same spirit, we could imagine that the backlinks could present in brackets the section of the note in which the occurrence is found. What do you think about it @ambrt ?

1 Like

Hi,

that plugin is one of the kind, that makes Joplin so usefull, many thanks.

I also have a suggestion: Ignoring a whole notebook would be great.
Reason: I got all what I've done with the overview-plugin in one notebook.
But these 'notes' doesn't make sense as backlinks.

Kai

2 Likes

I see ambrt made some commits 9 days ago, so perhaps the project isn't dead... at least I hope so! I really like/need/totally love this. :smiley:

A feature request: I would like an option for the pane to also contain forward links from the note, if at all possible.

Reasoning: I've started using the links a lot more to represent thematic associations, because this plugin just makes internal links that much more useful.
I find myself using them for navigation a lot.
But in order to walk forward, I have to visually scan the note text for links.
That is not so bad, but especially with long notes, it could be better.

I would like for this to be in the same pane as the backlinks, so I don't have to cram yet another pane in the layout. Most notes will only have a few links anyway.

Pretty please? :pray:t2:

2 Likes

I'm new to Joplin so I may have missed something but I've installed this plugin. In Tools > Options > Plugins it says it's installed and updated.
But I can't see any hand icon in the toolbar so I can't figure how to use this.

Can you clarify please? I've seen the instructions below but that assumes a hand icon.

Could you specify your version of Joplin?

Are you using the markdown editor or the richtext one? It shows as a hand for me in the markdown editor but as a cog in the richtext.

Now that's bizarre! I've just gone in again and both are there - the hand in markdown and the cog in rich text! They weren't there before! Only difference is I've rebooted my PC a couple of times since I was last in Joplin.

Well, that's fixed - thanks for replying.

1 Like

Hi,

Once again I would like to say how essential this plugin is in my use of Joplin. A "must have". :+1:

I'm using more and more todo in Joplin and I would like to be able to exclude completed todo from backlinks. Would it be possible to consider such an evolution? I want in an automatic way and not only by having to add one by one these to the list of ignored files.

1 Like

Hi @ambrt

Did you plan to work again on this plugin ? It’s an essential part of the joplin’s environement.

Great plugin. Two feature requests:
(1) Ability to configure back link separator, eg. "," or "\n"
(2) Option to not add links already contained in note

The automatically generated backlinks are not displayed in the app on my iPhone?

The manual ones do not have this problem?

Is it possible to change this?

Plugins are not supported on mobile, thus the dynamic ones won't work.

I noticed that I am getting an error each time I change notebooks, but the plugin is still working.

2index.html:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'body')
    at [redacted]/.config/joplin-desktop/tmp/plugin_joplin.plugin.ambrt.backlinksToNote.js:1
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at s ([redacted]/.config/joplin-desktop/tmp/plugin_joplin.plugin.ambrt.backlinksToNote.js:1)

Thank you for this plugin!

Is there some way to hide and toggle the "Backlinks" panel that appears on the right side? It would be great to be able to toggle visible/hidden with a keyboard shortcut.

Hi.
If the option "Automatic backlinks section on every note" is checked, should backlinks be automatically added to all notes? In my case this does not happen. :thinking:

Is anyone else getting an issue with the new version of Joplin (v2.13.8 on Windows 11) where every note contains a backlink to itself? I'm pretty sure, it just started after updating to the newest version

3 Likes

just an idea: for more visibility you could put your question into a new topic…

I'm also having the same issue that

every note contains a backlink to itself

using Joplin (v2.13.10 on macOS Ventura) and Automatic backlinks (v3.0.3).