Agenda [MAINTAINER NEEDED]

Hi @BeatLink

Another suggestion. To improve the readability when you have a lot of todo, it would be interesting if the entries that have a date in the past appeared in a different color or grayed.

1 Like

Just trying the plugin - it has made my Joplin application run very slowly. I'm actually having trouble turning the plugin off. I have only a handful of Todo notes, but I do have nearly 4,000 other notes. Anyone else seeing performance issues?

Hi @BeatLink

Could you consider adding the possibility to exclude some tags or notebooks from the list of todo returned by the plugin? This could be based on the standard Joplin search filters like the note link system plugin does to refine the appearance of backlinks?

Same here (2.6.2 on Mac OS). Joplin runs very very slow, nearly not usable anymore. I neither can disable nor delete the plugin. Any kind of info, how to turn it off would be appreciated!

You can delete the plugin directly in ~\.config\joplin-desktop\plugins, but first close Joplin!

1 Like

Thanks alot!

Thank you for this plugin !

It's a real improvement of quality of life on joplin for task users.

No problem! Glad to see that people find it useful.

I know its a bit barebones for now but when I find the time I will add more customization features for appearance

In my case this plugin crashed Joplin completely. It doesn't sync anymore, freezes. Without possobility to remove it from Joplin :slight_smile: Was it tested with big amount of todos?

Actually it is not funny.
I was forced to delete the plugin from data directory.

I had roughly the same problem as @tnwn
My Joplin notes are full of random to-dos spread out across many notebooks.
This plugin slowed my Joplin to a crawl and I was unable to uninstall it via normal means. Joplin seemed to be slowed to the point where installation or settings changes were not possible.

I too, deleted it from the data directory to recover.
My guess is its a problem with large numbers of to-dos?

P.S the idea of this plugin is great and I hope to use it in the future should this problem be resolved. Thanks for your efforts in making it! :smiley:

Yea, sorry for my previous message. I was too upset, it was late night and I needed to do a lot of work using Joplin.

Thank for the plugin. Just it doesn't work well now with a big amount of todos.

I just had the same problem. I installed Agenda, but once it started up, my Joplin stopped responding. I was able to remove Agenda by immediately deleting it from plug-ins and restarting right at start-up.

I think it's a great idea, but although I have very few todos at this stage, I have imported quite a few notes from Evernote and Onenote so I am guessing that the number of notes is causing it to grind to crawl.

Hello everyone. So I've just published a major update to Agenda. Here are the key points.

1. Fetching, sorting and filtering the to-dos before presentation are now handled by Joplin's own search API instead of manually through the plugin, so memory usage should go way down and speed should improve a lot.

2. The event handling has been revised so Agenda will update a lot less frequently when multiple changes occur (especially on program start-up)

3. Tying into change 1, Agenda now supports filtering the to-dos shown in the panel. On the settings page there is a new box where you can enter search criteria. Anything you can enter in Joplin's search box, you can enter here and Agenda will confine the list of to-dos to the given criteria.

4. Agenda now supports a new format for displaying to-dos. Instead of grouping to-dos by dates, this new format called Interval, supports grouping to-dos by the following criteria:

• Overdue
    • Today
    • This Week
    • This Month
    • This Year
    • Future.
      This new interval format is still experimental however, so expect bugs and poor formatting.
  5. Number 4 is made possible by a new modular formatting system. This means that in the future, Agenda will be able to support numerous ways of sorting, grouping and presenting to-dos.

6. The code has been simplified, refactored and cleaned up.

Try out Agenda 2.0 and let me know what you think. If there are any bugs or problems, you can reply to this thread.

3 Likes

Good morning,

wow, this Intervall-feature is really cool; I hadn't thought until now that I needed this ...

Unfortunately, I am unable to ignore tasks without due-dates anymore; they are displayed in the agenda regardless of the switch setting; am I overlooking something here?

Cheers,
kai.

PS - ... and I am also unable to not display the agenda panel, regardless of the checkbox setting ...
PPS: ... it does work (the not displaying the agenda panel) it just takes several minutes (?!?!) to react ... the first issue is still open ...

I have the same problem with tasks without due-dates.

As a workaround, in the Box "Enter the search criteria for todos shown by Agenda" I have entered the search: due:19700201 iscompleted:0

1 Like

How many tasks do you have?

This criteria would be redundant as it is already included in the search criteria using the checkboxes on the settings page or the menu options under View -> Agenda

I'm not sure what the issue is regarding, completed and due dates not obeying the settings. My personal recommendation is to upgrade to Agenda 2.1.0 and reinitialize your database (after backing up first) to see if that resolves the issue

Hi, I have tried the following, but the problem with "No Due Dates" showing up on the panel still remains.

Steps (Windows 10, Joplin Portable 2.6.10, 69 ToDos, of which 16 have a due date):

• Deleted the Agenda plugin.

• Restarted Joplin.

• In the profile, the Agenda plugin files in ...\JoplinProfile\plugins and in ...\JoplinProfile\tmp had been deleted automatically.

• The folder ...\JoplinProfile\cache\com.gitlab.BeatLink.joplin-plugin-agenda was still present.

• Stopped Joplin.

• Deleted manually the folder ...\JoplinProfile\cache\com.gitlab.BeatLink.joplin-plugin-agenda.

• Started Joplin.

• Installed Agenda v2.1.0.

• Restarted Joplin.

• The Agenda panel shows "No Due Dates".

• Agenda Plugin Settings: The checkbox to Show To-Dos without Due Date is not checked.

• Added the search criteria:"due:19700201 iscompleted:0".

• The Agenda panel stopped showing "No Due Dates".

Currently around 30, since I'm just testing the features and I'm not yet confident enough to ditch my usual todo app. But having something comparable in Joplin would definitely be nice ...

Regards,
kai.